This week, the release features improvements to how popular products are sorted, as well as how search results are filtered.
Release date: July 20, 2012
Popular Products Improvement
- Popular products are now sorted by their popularity, and not manipulated by the Marketplace Manager "popularity" flag.
- Popularity is determined by number of orders (paid, free, or trial all count as an order).
Updates to this feature can be seen in the following areas of the site:
The "Popular Products" template on the marketplace now is sorted by product popularity.
- If no products have been sold, or not enough products have been sold, the slider will not appear at all.
- The Sort By "popular" functionality on the Search Results page is unchanged.
- The "Popular Products" template on the marketplace now is sorted by product popularity.
Manage Marketplace Products
- The "Popular" flag in Catalog > Product > Settings popup is now removed.
Search Results Filters Improvement
Previous behavior for filtered search results:
- If two filters were selected, results were shown and were tagged with either tag.
- If two filters are selected, results are shown and are tagged with both tags.
- The new behavior helps customers drill down faster into what they are looking for, and complies with expected behavior on web search filters.
- Previous behavior for filtered search results: