This week, several API-related improvements have been made to the Marketplace Manager.
Release date: June 29, 2012
Developer Portal Improvements
Link to add Documentation
- Web apps can now add a link to their product documentation within the "Edit Listing" page. Customers can see the documentation link on the overview tab of the product profiles.
Manage Products API Health
Product functionality in the Marketplace, My Apps, and App Manager can now be disabled if the appropriate APIs are found to be failing:
Purchase (Create Subscription API):
- Customer sees appropriate messaging on profile header and cannot purchase product.
- Customer sees maintenance messaging on product in My Apps page and Customer cannot launch product.
Subscription Change or Update:
- Customer sees appropriate messaging in the "Update Edition" panel in Manage Apps.
- Customer cannot update subscription from Editions panel on profile or from Manage Apps.
- Customer cannot change ownership of product.
- Purchase (Create Subscription API):
- Disabling options are found in Channel > Marketplace > Catalog > Product Settings. This feature replaces (and removes) the single "Under Maintenance" flag.
- This feature is only available if a product is an exclusive product to a marketplace or the marketplace owns the network catalog.
- Product functionality in the Marketplace, My Apps, and App Manager can now be disabled if the appropriate APIs are found to be failing:
- All meta description tags have been updated in the marketplace to be more descriptive. This includes marketplace home, search results, and product profile pages.